Find a school in Missouri
- Public school directory
- Search the public school directory to find contact information for a school in your district. You may also browse a list of schools achieving A+ designation.
- Private schools
- Search private schools in Missouri.
- Charter schools
- Learn about charter schools in Missouri.
- Home schooling
- Under Missouri law, any family may choose to home school.
- Online Virtual Schooling
- A number of Missouri students are not able to attend their local “brick and mortar” schools for medical reasons, or they are involved in special activities or are presently outside of the state.
Immunizations and Vaccines
Missouri K-12 students are required to receive vaccines and boosters to protect against certain preventable diseases. Learn more…
Keys to Success
Parents as Teachers began in Missouri to help educate first-time parents of newborns about child rearing. It then expanded to all 50 states and seven other countries. Learn how to get training from education professionals on the best practices for raising your child. Contact your local school district to participate.
The Helping Your Child series provides parents with tools and information to help their children succeed in preschool, school and life. Booklets are available online for topics like helping your child understand the value of homework and learning math.
The Parent Power booklet can help parents support children’s learning at all ages.
Missouri Assessment Program (MAP)
The Missouri Assessment Program, or MAP testing, is a series of assessments for Communication Arts, Mathematics and Science at grades 3-8; and Communication Arts, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies in high school. Learn more about assessment testing in Missouri, as well as how you can help your children do well on the tests.
Gifted Education Resources
A high school diploma opens the door to a better life. It is the ticket you need to enter college, the military, or to get started on a career path. Learn more about the importance of staying in school.
Every school district in Missouri is required to have an anti-bullying policy. Review these resources to learn how can help stop bullies and keep your kids safe at school.
- Website provided by the U.S. Department of Education dedicated to bullying prevention and response, including cyberbullying.
- KidsHealth.org provides resources for parents to help kids deal with bullies.
- Missouri School Violence Hotline
- Resources for parents, educators and law enforcement to prevent and report bullying.
MissouriConnections.org can help Missouri citizens determine their career interests, explore occupations, establish education plans, develop job search strategies and create resumes. This is available to students, parents, guidance counselors, educators, and job seekers at no charge.
Going to College
Thinking about taking the next step in your education? Visit our colleges and universities page and get started planning today.