- Consumer complaints with the Attorney General
- Utilities complaints
- Fuel quality complaints
- Motor vehicle dealer complaints (i.e. car dealerships, boat dealers, motor vehicle auctions, etc.)
- Vehicle service warranty complaints
- Healthcare facility complaints
- Childcare provider complaints
File a Complaint Against a Licensed Professional
Send complaints against licensed professionals (i.e. doctors, nurses, barbers, massage therapists, etc.) to:
Common Consumer Issues
- Restaurant and Food Inspections
- Complaints concerning food safety are investigated on a local level and should be made to your local health department.
- Landlord-Tenant Law
- Landlord-tenant disputes are a common occurrence in the renting process, and many could be avoided if both parties were aware of their rights and responsibilities.
- Door-to-Door Sales
- Unscrupulous sellers often use high-pressure or scare tactics on door-to-door sales and sometimes misrepresent the quality and value of their products. Avoid becoming a victim of an unscrupulous seller.
- New Vehicle Misinformation
- The All About Autos Guide lays out some of Missouri’s basic motor-vehicle laws and provides common-sense suggestions you can use when negotiating a car purchase or arranging repairs.
- Pyramid sales schemes
- A pyramid is an investment scheme in which a participant primarily makes money by recruiting members who, in turn, make money primarily by enticing others to join. Protect yourself from a pyramid scheme.
“Know MO” enables consumers to look up complaints the Attorney General’s Office has received about individuals and businesses. Browse more than 100,000 consumer complaints.
Missourians who give to charity often have questions about what percentage of their gifts go to the charitable purpose and what percentage is used for administrative costs. Check a charity.
Identity theft occurs when someone uses your personal information to commit fraud or other crimes. Protect yourself from identity theft.
The No Call law allows Missourians to reduce unwanted telemarketing calls made to their homes by signing up for the No Call list. There is no cost to get on the list. Sign up for the No Call List.
Insurance, Bank, & Business Protection
Have trouble reading your insurance policy or your loan documents? Believe you’ve been wrongly denied an insurance claim? Have concerns about the safety or cleanliness of your barber shop, hair salon, doctor’s office or dentist’s office? Use the resources below to file a complain or report fraud.
Banks, Mortgage Brokers & Lenders
Credit Union Members with complaints against any Missouri state chartered credit union may:
- Fill out a credit union complaint form.
- Send an email to the Missouri Division of Credit Unions.
- Call 573-751-3419.
To file a complaint against a licensed professional, such as a doctor, nurse, barber or massage therapist, contact the Missouri Division of Professional Registration.