Personal Counseling & Assistance
Need help? Federally approved housing counseling agencies offer guidance on homebuying, renting, reverse mortgages and default and foreclosure prevention.
Finding a Home
- Affordable Housing Locator
- Discrimination in Housing
- File a housing discrimination complaint
Financing a Home
- Housing Loans on GovLoans.gov
- Loans for First-Time Home Buyers
- Home Loans for Veterans
- Mortgage loans advice and warnings
- Making Home Affordable
- Avoiding foreclosure (HUD)
- Trouble Paying Your Mortgage?
- Report mortgage fraud
- File a complaint against a financial institution
Home Insurance, Safety and Repairs
- Homeowner’s insurance information
- Household Safety
- Home Repair Opportunity Program
Provides funding to meet the need for home repair for low and moderate income homeowners in non-metropolitan areas of Missouri.
BeEnergyEfficient.org is aimed at helping you remain in control of your energy bills.
Energy Efficiency, Incentives & Rebates
- Find an energy efficiency program
- Tax credits and utility bill rebates
- Energy.gov portal to rebates and savings