Health & Housing
- Nursing homes
- Home health agencies
- Adult day care facilities
- Inspection information on Missouri licensed facilities
- Arthritis and Self Management
- Disabled parking permits
Insurance & Medical Coverage
- MO HealthNet Application
- CLAIM – free assistance with Medicare questions
- Medigap (Medicare Supplement) insurance
- Long-term care insurance
- MissouriRx – prescription drug assistance
- Missouri Community Options and Resources (MOCOR)
- Elder Abuse
- Missouri’s Elder Abuse and Neglect Hotline responds to reports of abuse, neglect, or financial exploitation. If you suspect someone is being abused, neglected or exploited, call the hotline at 800-392-0210.
- Protection from scams and fraud
- Information and help for dealing with scams and fraud targeted at seniors.
- How to Report an Unsafe Driver
- Use Form 4319 (Driver Condition Report) to report a driver who may be unable to operate a motor vehicle safely and responsibly to the Missouri Department of Revenue.
- Safety for Children, Elderly & Disabled
- Protect the elderly from harm by learning how to vet caregivers using Missouri’s Family Care Safety Registry and other resources.
Employment & Retirement
Employment for Seniors
Discrimination in Employment
The Missouri Human Rights Act makes it illegal to discriminate in any aspect of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, disability or age (40 through 69).
- Ticket to Work
- If you are receiving benefits and are interested in working, the Ticket to Work program is the key to unlocking vocational rehabilitation, training, job referrals, and other ongoing support and services.
- Working During Retirement
- You can work while you receive Social Security retirement (or survivors) benefits. When you do, it could mean a higher benefit for you in the future and increase the future benefit amounts your family and your survivors could receive.
- Senior Community Service Employment
- The Senior Community Service Employment Program offers training and job placement for low-income Americans age 55 or older. To learn more, please call 573-526-4542.
Everything you need to know about social security benefits.
- Retirement planner – This planner provides detailed information about your Social Security retirement benefits under current law. It also points out things you may want to consider as you prepare for the future.
- Retirement estimator – The Retirement Estimator gives estimates based on your actual Social Security earnings record.
- Early or late retirement – Workers planning for their retirement should be aware that retirement benefits depend on age at retirement.